Shift Operations Manager
Job Title: Leader – Shift Operations
Job Type: Full-time
Location: 50 E 42nd St. New York, NY 10017
Compensation: $42k - $55k/yr
- Lateral opportunities to gain additional experience in talent or marketing
- Upward opportunities to Director level (Talent, Operations, or Marketing)
- Corporate staff opportunities
- Corporate field opportunities such as Chick-fil-A corporate Trainer or Leadership Development Program
- Potential franchise ownership opportunities
- Corporate training
- Certifications (such as Food Manager, Certified Trainer, etc).
- Training at grand openings and other restaurants around the country
- Books/Videos/Blended learning
- Customized individual development plan based on your goals
- Performance management and reviews
- Mock interviews and interview coaching
- One on one coaching from Directors and Owner/Operator
- Health insurance contribution
- Sundays Off
- Christmas and Thanksgiving Off
- Personal and professional development and growth opportunities.
- Overtime Pay for anything over 40 hours
- College Scholarships
- Food privileges
Although based in Atlanta, Chick-fil-A 42nd & Madison is an individual franchise located in Manhattan at the intersection 42nd st. and Madison Avenue - just across the street from Grand Central Station. Owned and Operated by Ellie Kim, our doors opened in 2018, becoming the third Chick-fil-A location in Manhattan. Known for the original chicken sandwich, we prepare food in our restaurant fresh every day.
Be a part of history as we continue to break and set new records at one of the busiest Chick-fil-A restaurants in the nation. We are looking for purpose-driven individuals who can balance competing priorities while understanding the importance of every individual customer and team member. We are looking for brave, ambitious, and passionate people who want to explore every part of their work and discover new was to elevate themselves to live and lead at a higher level with excellence and strong financial success.
This role spends 95%-100% of their time on the floor in an individual restaurant with the team. This role will help support the development and implementation of the business strategy and Chick-fil-A culture into the shift operations, and will help set the standard of excellence for systems, operations, catering, quality, hospitality, and financial return, for Chick-fil-A 42nd and Madison. This role will also support the Managers in managing the day-to-day operations with additional specialized responsibilities. This role will additionally support the talent department in culture and people development. The ideal candidate will have a high degree of professional maturity, entrepreneurial spirit, emotional intelligence, and strong critical thinking mindset. The person in this role should have the ability to develop effective business relationships with the team, vendors, and other key business partners as well as any relevant corporate staff. Key competencies required in this role include: strategic and systemic thinking, process design, creativity and a results-obsession with strong operational expertise. We are intent on creating an organization that is renowned for having the best quick service operations in the country. We are looking for the individual with the creativity, Drive and Passion to help us achieve this vision!
The Shift Operations Manager is part of a small-scale team of leaders who help sustain Ellie Kim’s vision and build for the future. This role is critical in helping ensuring that Chick-fil-A 42nd and Madison is successful in the following areas:
- Operations (including facilities, catering and outside sales, IT, scheduling, etc.)
- Quality and Guest Experience (including food safety)
- Financial Return (profit)
- Help ensure smooth flowing operations throughout entire shift, whatever it takes, regardless of volume.
- Identify and resolve any bottlenecks, pain points, and other opportunities for growth.
- Plan, train, and develop team on a continual basis.
- Listen to team members, maintain and open door policy, and help develop everyone.
- Help steward resources and produce financial return and implement cost control initiatives, achieve specified profit margin, and eliminate waste/opportunity costs.
- Help support leadership and the Owner/Operator in developing the operational systems, structures, and processes as well as develop operational talent.
- Collaborate with other leaders on identifying and building emerging leaders.
- Engage with the entire team to help maintain Positive Employee Relations across the entire restaurant and maintain culture through detailed and regular accountability.
- Help scale operational execution that scales as volume and complexity grows - successfully manage respective aspecst of implementation working in partnership with other leaders.
- Monitor key performance indicators for direct support positions – Create goals and track delivery against program objectives, lead improvement initiatives and encourage a culture of excellence, efficiency, innovation, and customer service.
- Help implement cultures, mindsets, and systems to accomplish consistency in achieving strategic objectives and specific measures of success (Ex: lean production mindset to eliminate waste).
- Help contribute to a Specialized area such as:
- Catering, Outside Sales, and Additional Distribution Points
- Cash management system, accounting, and regulatory compliance.
- Scheduling to ensure standards of operational excellence, maximum team member flexibility, and optimal labor cost.
- Quality and rigorous compliance with food safety standards.
- IT systems including customized KPS routing configurations, Pos and iPos, mobile ordering, off site ordering, etc.
- Work closely with the Directors and Owner/Operator to ensure team member compliance with the Unit Policy Handbook and any additional regulations or procedures.
- Minimum of 1+ years directly related experience in a for-profit company.
- Minimum 1+ years’ leadership experience managing a team of more than 10 people.
- Must demonstrate expertise in building and managing 3rd party relationships to support the development and delivery of operations.
- Strong project planning and management skills and demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple business relationships.
- Experience leading talent development in a diverse organization is desired.
- This person must have or be willing to gain mastery of operations in a Chick-fil-A restaurant, remain highly engaged with the team, work on their feet all-day in a fast-paced setting, and be able to lift 40 – 60 pounds on a consistent basis.
- This person must have or be willing to engage in and gain, thorough hands-on approach, an understanding of operations in a Chick-fil-A restaurant and enjoy a manual labor and/or physical aspect of the operations.
- This person must also be willing to work unusual schedules (such as opening, closing, and working on Saturdays) on a regular basis. Must be willing to work 45-50 hours a week.