Kitchen Operations Support
Job Title: Kitchen Operations Support
Job Type: Full-time or Part-Time
Location: 50 E 42nd St. New York, NY 10017
You can make someone's day with a smile and genuine care. At Chick-fil-A 42nd and Madison, we are a team that strives every day to positively influence and care for everyone we come in contact with, take good care of ourselves, and take good care of our resources. We are passionate about our core values:
- Humility - Respecting others through a humble and modest attitude
- Integrity - Always doing what is right
- Team work - working together by each of us doing our part: working hard together and growing together.
- Excellence - What we do, we do well
At Chick-fil-A 42nd & Madison, our Kitchen Operations Support Specialists are a key ingredient to smooth day-to-day restaurant operations including speed of service, throughput, food safety, accuracy, quality, and guest experience. This role is responsible for just that: supporting the Operations Leads in ensuring we are consistently providing crave-able food and remarkable service to our guests from open to close by focusing on meeting those objectives while on the floor, but also personally accountable to more specialized segments.
This role spends 100% of their time on the floor mostly focusing on carrying out supervisory tasks necessary in running a smooth and successful shift. This role is also responsible for keeping the team focused and on task to perform at peak levels so that the Operations Leads are able monitor the overall team and operational flow.
As a potential successor to the Operations Lead, it is important for individuals in this role to always actively engage and learn how to develop the team in the way
- that the team members are well equipped with knowledge and skill sets to carry out and uphold our operating standards and procedures and
- to lead them to work as a team to accomplish objectives and align around vision.
This position works closely with the Operations Lead and Team Members to align team behaviors with business objectives and follow through with the team to meet all of the operational goals.
- Help create the best quick service restaurant operations in the country and inspire followership amongst the team.
- Listen to team members, maintain and open door policy, and help develop everyone.
- Help steward resources and produce financial return and implement cost control initiatives, achieve specified profit margin, and eliminate waste/opportunity costs.
- Help oversee and ensure smooth day-to-day operations. Identify pain points and other opportunities for growth.
- Help support leadership and the Owner/Operator in developing the operational systems, structures, and processes as well as develop operational talent including all professionals and entry-level leadership.
- Collaborate with other leaders on identifying and building emerging leaders.
- Help build and lead a high performance team of A players including of at least shift supervisors, team leaders, hospitality professionals, etc.
- Support the people department in developing and implementing individualized training and development plans for all direct support positions.
- Engage with the entire team to help maintain Positive Employee Relations across the entire restaurant and maintaining a culture that engages directly with leadership.
- Help scale operational execution that scales with the Company’s growth in volume and complexity - successfully manage respective aspect of implementation working in partnership with Talent and Marketing (example: scale production capacity through development of personnel to meet growth in outside sales or an increase in FOH capacity).
- Monitor key performance indicators for direct support positions – Create goals and track delivery against program objectives, lead improvement initiatives and encourage a culture of excellence, efficiency, innovation, and customer service.
- Establish and strengthen relationships with the local businesses, visitors, community, and government.
- Help implement cultures, mindsets, and systems to accomplish consistency in achieving strategic objectives and specific measures of success (Ex: lean production mindset to eliminate waste).
- Help contribute to a Specialized area such as:
- Catering, Outside Sales, and Additional Distribution Points
- Cash management system, accounting, and regulatory compliance.
- Scheduling to ensure standards of operational excellence, maximum team member flexibility, and optimal labor cost.
- Quality and rigorous compliance with food safety standards.
- IT systems including customized KPS routing configurations, Pos and iPos, mobile ordering, off site ordering, etc.
- Work closely with the Directors and Owner/Operator to ensure team member compliance with the Unit Policy Handbook and any additional regulations or procedures.
- Work closely with the Directors, Owner/Operator, Marketing, and Talent to proactively mitigate risk and respond to any PR or HR related issues and communications, training the team on talking points, and compliance.
- Job includes other tasks as assigned by leadership.
- Minimum of 1+ years directly related experience in a for-profit company.
- Minimum 1+ years’ leadership experience managing a team of more than 20 people.
- Must demonstrate expertise in maintain relationships with vendors to support the development and delivery of operations.
- Experience leading talent development in a diverse organization is desired.
- This person must have or be willing to gain mastery of operations in a Chick-fil-A restaurant, remain highly engaged with the team, work on their feet all-day in a fast-paced setting, and be able to lift 40 – 60 pounds on a consistent basis.
- This person must have or be willing to engage in and gain, thorough hands-on approach, an understanding of operations in a Chick-fil-A restaurant and enjoy a manual labor and/or physical aspect of the operations.
- This person must also be willing to work unusual schedules (such as opening, closing, and working on Saturdays) on a regular basis. Must be willing to work 45-50 hours a week. First 6 months in restaurant may be more of a 50 hour work week.
- Work Life Balance
- Generous hours and overtime pay for anything over 40 hours
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance including HSA eligible plans
- Paid vacation
- Life insurance
- Short-Term disability insurance
- Transportation stipend
- Commuter tax benefit
- College Scholarships
- Employee discount
- Free meal every shift
- Sundays Off
- Christmas and Thanksgiving Off
- Personal and professional development and growth opportunities.