Job Title: Trainer – Talent
Job Type: Full-time or Part-Time
Pay Type: Hourly
Compensation: Starts as a Team Member at $15/hr
Location: 50 E 42nd St. New York, NY 10017
***This is an in-restaurant position for an individual location. This is not a corporate, office, or multi-unit position.
- Lateral opportunities to gain additional experience in operations or marketing
- Upward opportunities to Leadership levels (in Talent, Operations, or Marketing)
- Corporate field opportunities such as Certified Trainer Program or Leadership Development Program
- Corporate staff opportunities such as Chick-fil-A Trainer Program or Trainer Development Program
- Franchise ownership opportunities
- Corporate training
- Certifications (such as Food Manager Certification and Card, Certified Trainer, etc).
- Training at grand openings and other restaurants around the country
- Customized individual development plan based on your goals
- Performance management and reviews
- Mock interviews and interview coaching
- One on one coaching from the restaurant leaders and franchise Owner/Operator
The Restaurant Trainer position at Chick-fil-A 42nd and Madison is part of a team of trainers that help implement effective training and coaching programs that produce world class Team Members. Candidates must be available a minimum of 2-3 days a week and sometimes more. Most of the Restaurant Trainer’s working hours will be spent the floor working alongside the team. A Trainer is someone who is passionate about developing people and is both present and engaged with the team for most of their working hours. Candidates for this role need to be familiar with different learning styles and how to adapt and relate the information to the team. Trainers must have strong organizational and planning skills to track and monitor a team member’s progress and performance. Additionally, the Trainer must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. A Restaurant Trainer must be regarded as a gifted teacher and passionate coach, having great chemistry, and able to motivate and encourage, and willing to give constructive input/guidance. The Trainer will spend most working hours on the floor teaching, training, developing, and mentoring Team Members and certifying trainers. This is an excellent opportunity for candidates who possess initiative, great people skills, a servant leadership mindset, and who can cast a vision for excellence.
The Restaurant Trainer will assume the following duties and responsibilities:
- Superior knowledge of purpose, vision, mission, strategy, operations, and products, and is able to lead effectively with vision and purpose and weave core strategy into day-to-day conversations.
- Represent the Chick-fil-A brand to the team and local community.
- Rigorously adheres to food safety and restaurant security practices, builds awareness about safety, and reports any concerns to senior leadership.
- Energize talent by intentionally influencing, building, and maintaining a compelling culture that produces high performance teams.
- Serve as training advisor to training leaders and manager.
- Support the Team Members by teaching them and helping them grow and learn and provide feedback.
- Must be willing to go through fundamentals training working as a Team Member/Professional for a minimum for 6-12 months before assuming the Trainer role, title, and pay.
- Must be able and willing to work all positions of the restaurant when needed.
- Must be available a minimum of 2-3 days a week and sometimes more when needed.
- Must be available every Friday.
- Must be willing and able to open. Must be willing and able to close.
- Must be able and willing to stand, walk, and work on their feet for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to make quick decisions and work under pressure in a high volume/traffic restaurant.
- Must be observant and have high situational awareness.
- Must be able to effectively multi-task.
- Must be willing to grow, be held accountable for results, and accept negative feedback if necessary.
- Must be able and willing to work with a sense of urgency and to serve guests according to procedural requirements in a high pressure/high volume restaurant while maintaining 100% accuracy, cleanliness, and all safety and quality requirements.
- Must have strong discipline and follow through and be willing to hold Team Members accountable.
- Must have a great attitude.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Must be neat and professional.
- Must be able to bend and lift loads up to 50lbs. Also must be able to stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat.
- Must be able to push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Must be able to climb ladders and use box cutters.
- Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc).
- Proper use of which may include but not limited to, knives, personal protective equipment, hand trucks, carts, food cutter and fryers (must be 18 years of age or older), power equipment, vehicles, and all other equipment used within or for the restaurant.
- Must have 1-2 years of experience in training, leadership, and/or developing others.