Job Title: Hospitality Team Member/Cashier
Job Class: Operations
Location: 42nd & Madison, across from Grand Central
Job Type: Full-Time or Part-Time
- Lateral opportunities to gain additional experience in operations, training, and/or marketing
- Internal upward leadership opportunities
- Potential corporate staff opportunities
- Corporate field opportunities such as Certified Field Trainer, Chick-fil-A Corporate Trainer, and others.
- One on one coaching from leaders
Personal Leadership Development
- In-Restaurant Training
- Potential corporate training
- Access to leadership materials (videos, books, etc) and curriculum
- Customized individual development plan based on your goals
- Growth measurement, tracking, and review.
- Potential certifications (such as NYC Food Handling, Certified Trainer, etc).
- Stretch assignments, personal growth, and leadership development opportunities.
- Mock interviews and interview coaching
Be a part of one of the largest volume Chick-fil-A restaurants in the nation. At Chick-fil-A 42nd and Madison, we seek to elevate the restaurant experience. It takes extraordinary individuals who are prepared to push boundaries, break away from old paradigms, and chart a course into unprecedented territory with excellence. We’re seeking bold, ambitious, and passionate people who will explore every part of their work and themselves to reach their fullest potential and discover new ways to elevate themselves to live and lead at a higher level.
At Chick-fil-A 42nd and Madison, Hospitality Professionals are a part of the day-to-day restaurant operations and guest experience. This role is responsible for ensuring we are consistently providing crave-able food and remarkable service to our guests from open to close. This role is 100% hands on and all working ours are spent on the floor. Tasks vary to include greeting guests and taking orders, completing transactions, preparing beverages, assembling orders, hot and cold food production, working the line, receiving deliveries, food and ingredient preparation, cleaning and maintenance, resolving guest complaints, helping train new employees, and rigorously adhering to safety and quality standards.
- Superior knowledge of purpose, vision, mission, strategy, operations, and products.
- Rigorously adheres to food safety and restaurant security practices, builds awareness about safety, holds peers accountable to food safety practices, and reports any concerns to leadership.
- Handle customer inquiries, questions, and complaints.
- Handle phone calls while maintaining proper security.
- Consistently handle vendors according to policy.
- Knowing and following all restaurant policies, procedures, and requirements.
- Know all relevant standard operating procedures and pass required assessments or activities with 80% or higher.
- Consistently follow all cash handling policies and proper security procedures.
- Consistently follow all food safety and physical safety procedures.
- Monitor and observe daily operations including activities of relevant area(s).
- Execute daily opening and closing procedures/checklists in accordance with company policies/procedures and quality requirements and hold each other accountable to it.
Ideal candidates for the Hospitality Professional role will have a high degree of professionalism, maturity, and willingness to work hard. Key competencies required for this role and future success with Chick-fil-A 42nd and Madison include: a growth mindset, emotional intelligence, critical thinking, strategic and systematic thinking, creativity, and entrepreneurial spirit. Candidates seeking to eventually be selected for a leadership role should be volunteering for extra assignments, taking responsibility to grow and get better, demonstrate strong critical thinking and analytical capacity, and consistently demonstrate a servant’s heart and attitude that focuses on the team and others first.
Must possess a team spirit– one who is able to share credit with teammates, admit mistakes, and do their share on behalf of the team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who possesses initiative, great people skills, a servant attitude, and who can cast a vision for excellence. Must be available a minimum of 40 hours a week.
- Must be willing to be held accountable for results, accept feedback, and grow to become an A player/high performer.
- Must be able and willing to work multi-task and work multiple positions of the restaurant when needed.
- Must be punctual, show up on time, and arrange for covers when unable to work scheduled shift.
- Must be willing and able to follow and honor leadership/supervisors.
- Must be willing and able to address and resolve conflicts quickly
- Must be able to make quick decisions and work under pressure in a high volume/traffic restaurant.
- Must be observant and have high situational awareness.
- Must be able and willing to work with a sense of urgency and to serve guests according to procedural requirements.
- Must be willing to set an example and hold each other accountable.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Must be neat, professional, and willing to follow appearance requirements.
- Must be able and willing to stand, walk, and work on their feet for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to bend and lift loads up to 50lbs. Also must be able to stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat.
- Must be able to push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Must be able to climb ladders and use box cutters.
- Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc).
- Proper use of which may include but not limited to, knives, personal protective equipment, hand trucks, carts, food cutter and fryers (must be 18 years of age or older), power equipment, vehicles, and all other equipment used within or for the restaurant.
To progress in this role, a successful and high performing Hospitality Professional at Chick-fil-A 42nd and Madison is someone who is consistent in their:
- Ability to follow instructions