Job Title: Hospitality Team Member: Front of House, Cashier, & Delivery - Evening/PM Shift
Shifts Available: 3pm-11pm; 3pm-10pm; 4pm-11pm; 5pm-11pm. Saturdays required.
Days of Operation: Monday - Saturday. Closed Sundays.
Compensation: $15.00/hr base pay. Tips and bonuses available for delivery Team Members. Free break meals.
Location: 42nd & Madison, across from Grand Central
Job Type: Part-Time with potential for Full-Time
Job Class: Front of House Operations/Hospitality
You can make someone's day with a smile and genuine care. At Chick-fil-A 42nd and Madison, we are a team that strives every day to positively influence and care for everyone we come in contact with, take good care of ourselves, and take good care of our resources. We are passionate about our core values:
- Humility - Respecting others through a humble and modest attitude
- Integrity - Always doing what is right
- Team work - working together by each of us doing our part: working hard together and growing together.
- Excellence - What we do, we do well
At Chick-fil-A 42nd and Madison, our Team Members are a key ingredient to smooth day-to-day restaurant operations and a remarkable guest experience. This role is responsible for just that: ensuring we are consistently providing crave-able food and remarkable service to our guests from open to close. This role is 100% hands on and all working ours are spent on the floor. Tasks vary to include greeting guests and taking orders, completing transactions, preparing beverages, assembling orders, hot and cold food production, working the line, taking deliveries, food and ingredient preparation, cleaning and maintenance, resolving guest complaints, helping train new employees, and rigorously adhering to safety and quality standards.
- Consistently exhibit and demonstrate Core 4 with each guest and rest of the team and treat guests with care.
- Promptly greet guests and take their orders according to procedure.
- Fulfill guest orders by preparing drinks, preparing desserts, bagging/assembling food, getting sauces, etc all according to procedure.
- Provide guests with clear directions throughout order taking process and where to wait for there food.
- Handle cash and payment accurately and have no shortages or overages.
- Serve food to guests fulfilling all requirements of server role and providing guest with a farewell.
- Deliver food/meals to guests following all delivery policies and procedures while providing excellent service.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Rigorously adhere to food safety and restaurant security practices, builds awareness about safety, holds peers accountable to food safety practices, and reports any concerns to leadership.
- Handle customer inquiries, questions, and complaints.
- Knowing and following all restaurant policies, procedures, and requirements.
- Know all relevant standard operating procedures and pass required assessments or activities with 80% or higher.
- Consistently follow all cash handling policies and proper security procedures.
- Execute daily opening and closing procedures/checklists in accordance with company policies/procedures and quality requirements and hold each other accountable to it.
Ideal candidates for the Team Member role will have a high degree of professionalism, maturity, and willingness to consistently work hard. Key competencies required for this role and future success with Chick-fil-A 42nd and Madison include: a growth mindset, emotional intelligence, critical thinking, strategic and systematic thinking, creativity, and entrepreneurial spirit. Candidates seeking to eventually be selected for a leadership role should be volunteering for extra assignments, taking responsibility to grow and get better, demonstrate strong critical thinking and analytical capacity, and consistently demonstrate a servant’s heart and attitude that focuses on the team and others first.
Must possess a team spirit– one who is able to share credit with teammates, admit mistakes, and do their share on behalf of the team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who possesses initiative, great people skills, a servant attitude, and who can cast a vision for excellence.
- Must be willing to be held accountable for results, accept feedback, and grow to become an A player/high performer.
- Must be able and willing to work multi-task and work multiple positions of the restaurant when needed.
- Must be punctual, show up on time, and arrange for covers when unable to work scheduled shift.
- Must be willing and able to follow and honor leadership/supervisors.
- Must be willing and able to address and resolve conflicts quickly
- Must be able to make quick decisions and work under pressure in a high volume/traffic restaurant.
- Must be observant and have high situational awareness.
- Must be able and willing to work with a sense of urgency and to serve guests according to procedural requirements.
- Must be willing to set an example and hold each other accountable.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Must be neat, professional, and willing to follow appearance requirements.
- Must be able and willing to stand, walk, and work on their feet for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to bend and lift loads up to 50lbs. Also must be able to stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat.
- Must be able to push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Must be able to climb ladders and use box cutters.
- Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc).
- Proper use of which may include but not limited to, knives, personal protective equipment, hand trucks, carts, food cutter and fryers (must be 18 years of age or older), power equipment, vehicles, and all other equipment used within or for the restaurant.
To progress in this role, a successful and high performing Hospitality Professional at Chick-fil-A 42nd and Madison is someone who is consistent in their:
- Professional Attitude
- Ability to follow instructions