Job Title: Manager – Training Programs
Job Type: Full-time
Pay Type: Hourly
Travel: 3-5 weeks out of the year
Location: 50 E 42nd St. New York, NY 10017
***This is an in-restaurant position for an individual location. This is not a corporate, office, or multi-unit position.
- Lateral opportunities to gain additional experience in operations or marketing
- Upward opportunities to Director level (Talent, Operations, or Marketing)
- Corporate staff opportunities
- Corporate field opportunities such as Leadership Development Program
- Franchise ownership opportunities
- Corporate training
- Certifications (such as Food Manager Certification and Card, Certified Trainer, PHR, SHRM, etc).
- Training at grand openings and other restaurants around the country
- Conferences and books
- Customized individual development plan based on your goals
- Performance management and reviews
- Mock interviews and interview coaching
- One on one coaching from the Owner/Operator
Based in New York City as mid level leadership, this role will help provide training and managerial support for the development and implementation of the Chick-fil-A training programs, trainers, and talent development processes for Chick-fil-A 42nd & Madison. This is NOT a corporate or office position. Most of the Training Manager’s working hours will be spent the floor working alongside the team. The Trainer Manager’s primary role is to implement effective training and coaching programs that produce world class Team Members. A Training Manager is someone who is passionate about training and developing people and is both present and engaged with the team for most of their working hours. Candidates for this role need to be familiar with different learning styles and how to adapt and relate the information to the team. The Training Manager must have strong organizational and planning skills to track and monitor a team member’s progress and performance. Additionally, the Training Manager must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. A Training Manager must be regarded as a gifted teacher and passionate coach, having great chemistry, and able to motivate and encourage, and willing to give constructive input/guidance. The Training Manager will spend most working hours on the floor teaching, training, developing, and mentoring Team Members and certifying trainers.
- Oversee, develop, and lead training program(s) and team of trainers that take ownership of Team Member training and development and produce a high performance team.
- Cast a vision for training and bring the trainers and team to the next level.
- Ensure consistency in training and that the trainers accurately represent and train on the expectations and requirements of Chick-fil-A 42nd & Madison.
- Manage and maintain training tracking system and hold trainers accountable to updating as they train.
- Hold trainers accountable to expectations and requirements and work with the Director of Talent to pursue any disciplinary action if necessary.
- Superior knowledge of purpose, vision, mission, strategy, operations, and products, and is able to lead effectively with vision and purpose and weave core strategy into day-to-day conversations.
- Represent the Chick-fil-A brand to the local community.
- Rigorously adheres to food safety and restaurant security practices, builds awareness about safety, and reports any concerns to senior leadership.
- Energize talent by intentionally influencing, building, and maintaining a compelling culture that produces high performance teams.
- Serve as training programs advisor to Directors and develop and execute long-term vision and strategic plan for training and developing extraordinary talent.
- Support the Team Members by overseeing all matters related to training and leading recruitment, selection, onboarding, offboarding, coaching, mentoring, feedback, compensation, employee care and employer branding.
- Monitor, document, and track any and all employee discipline and any employee policy violations.
- Work closely with the Operator and Directors to proactively mitigate risk and respond to any HR-related legal issues (unemployment claims, etc).
- Maintain necessary store documentation (phone numbers, pin numbers, labor law posters, MSDS sheets, etc).
- Must be able and willing to work all positions of the restaurant when needed.
- Must be willing to go through fundamentals training working as a Team Member for a minimum for 3-6 months before assuming the Training Manager.
- Must be available at night and on weekends.
- Must be willing to travel at least 3 weeks out of the year.
- Must be willing and able to open. Must be willing and able to close.
- Must be able and willing to stand, walk, and work on their feet for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to make quick decisions and work under pressure in a high volume/traffic restaurant.
- Must be observant and have high situational awareness.
- Must be able to effectively multi-task.
- Must be willing to grow, be held accountable for results, and accept negative feedback if necessary.
- Must be able and willing to work with a sense of urgency and to serve guests according to procedural requirements in a high pressure/high volume restaurant.
- Must be willing to hold Team Members accountable.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Must be neat and professional.
- Must be able to bend and lift loads up to 50lbs. Also must be able to stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat.
- Must be able to push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Must be able to climb ladders and use box cutters.
- Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc).
- Proper use of which may include but not limited to, knives, personal protective equipment, hand trucks, carts, food cutter and fryers (must be 18 years of age or older), power equipment, vehicles, and all other equipment used within or for the restaurant.
- Must have 1-2 years of experience in leading teams and developing others.