HR and Talent Manager
Job Title: Manager – Talent and Human Resources
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Across from Grand Central
Compensation: $50k - $70k/yr
Travel Requirements: 3-5 weeks out of the year
***This is an in-restaurant position for an individual location. This is not a corporate, office, or multi-unit position.
- Lateral opportunities to gain additional experience in operations or marketing
- Upward opportunities to Director level (Talent, Operations, or Marketing)
- Corporate staff opportunities
- Corporate field opportunities such as Leadership Development Program
- Franchise ownership opportunities
- Corporate training
- Certifications (such as Food Manager Certification and Card, Certified Trainer, PHR, SHRM, etc).
- Training at grand openings and other restaurants around the country
- Conferences and books
- Customized individual development plan based on your goals
- Performance management and reviews
- Mock interviews and interview coaching
- One on one coaching from the Owner/Operator
Based in New York City as mid level leadership, this role will help provide administrative and managerial support for the development and implementation of the Chick-fil-A culture, talent acquisition, talent development processes, and training programs for an individual Chick-fil-A restaurant franchise. The ideal candidate will have a high degree of professional maturity, growth mindset, servant’s heart, and entrepreneurial spirit. The person in this role should have the ability to develop relationships with the restaurant’s franchise Owner/Operator, Directors, HR leaders, key business partners, and corporate staff. Key competencies required in this role include: strong written and verbal communications, strong organization and follow through, strong administrative skills, strong adaptability, resourcefulness, and eye for even the smallest details. We are intent on creating an organization that is renowned for being the greatest talent development company in the country…that means development, leadership, and empowerment at every level, full time, part-time, Seasonal…regardless of grade and title. We are looking for the individual with the creativity, Drive and Passion to help us achieve this vision!
The HR Manager is part of a team of HR leaders who advise the Directors and Owner/Operator on the strategic direction of the people department in pursuit of excellence and help translate the Operator and Director’s vision and intentions into reality and then sustain it. The HR Manager role is critical in helping ensure that Chick-fil-A 42nd & Madison is successful in the following areas:
- Talent Development and Stewardship
- Talent Acquisition
- Culture, staffing, and operations
- Help cast a compelling vision for developing talent.
- Help implement a scalable solution providing leadership development to 100+ employees.
- Partner directly with Operations to maintain Positive Employee Relations across the entire restaurant and maintain a culture that engages directly with leadership.
- Help execute a talent and performance management process across the entire staff, with a specific focus on a simple, effective and value-adding methodology.
- Help recruit a team of 90% A players.
- Help monitor and assess the impact of development activities on the business including evaluation of staff.
- Work closely with the Directors and Operator to proactively mitigate risk and respond to any HR-related legal issues (unemployment claims, etc).
- Organize and maintain office and employee files and ensure legal compliance (New York City, DOL, etc).
- Oversee all uniform tracking, ordering, deductions, and distribution.
- Interview Team Members and help onboard employees.
- Support Talent Acquisition to accomplish key metrics on performance, retention and turnover and meet or exceed annual goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Organization Effectiveness, OD/Leadership, HR or related field.
- Minimum of 1+ years directly related experience in a for-profit company.
- Minimum 1+ years’ experience managing a team.
- PHR or SPHR preferred
- Proficiency administering a variety of modalities inclusive of blended methods such as instructor led, eLearning, self-paced, virtual, social, mentored, micro and mobile.
- Strong administrative, organization, planning, management, and follow through skills.
- Experience supporting talent acquisition in a diverse organization is desired.
- This person must have or be willing to engage in and gain, thorough hands-on approach, an understanding of operations in a Chick-fil-A restaurant and enjoy a manual labor and/or physical aspect of the operations.
- This person must also be willing to work unusual schedules (such as opening, closing, and working on Saturdays) on a regular basis.
- This person must also be willing to spend at least 90% of their time on the floor and 10% on administrative responsibilities.