Job Title: Maintenance/Table Cleaning/Trash Removal/Dining Room Host
Job Class: Front of House Dining Room Operations/Hospitality
Location: 42nd and Madison
Job Type: Full-Time
Shifts Available: 7am-3pm; 11am-3pm; 2pm-11pm; Saturdays required.
Days of Operation: Monday - Saturday. Closed Sundays.
Hours of Operation: 6:30am - 10pm
Be a part of one of the busiest Chick-fil-A restaurants in the nation. At Chick-fil-A 42nd and Madison we seek to be the best restaurant in manhattan. It takes extraordinary individuals who are prepared to push boundaries, break away from old paradigms, and chart a course into unprecedented territory with excellence. We’re seeking bold, ambitious, and passionate people who will explore every part of their work and themselves to reach their fullest potential and discover new ways to elevate themselves to live and lead at a higher level.
At Chick-fil-A 42nd and Madison, our Maintenance staff helps with the day-to-day Front of House operations including cleanliness, safety, and guest experience. This role is responsible for ensuring we are consistently providing attentive and courteous service, a secure and safe environment free from hazards, and a refreshingly and consistently clean environment to our guests from open to close. This role is 100% hands on and all working ours are spent on the floor. This role requires frequent lifting of loads upwards of 100 lbs. This role also requires frequently handling waste.
- Overall restaurant cleanliness.
- Restaurant exterior cleanliness.
- Restaurant interior cleanliness including bathrooms, upstairs dining room, lower dining room, break area, both stair cases, waste room, some flooring, elevator, and stairs.
- May also sometimes include washing dishes.
- Providing professional, attentive, and courteous service to all guests.
- Attending to guest's needs as they are dining (refills, helping correct an order, turning tables, etc).
- Rigorously adheres to restaurant safety and security practices, builds awareness about safety, and reports any concerns to leadership.
- Consulting with leadership prior to proceeding if any security concerns.
- Proper waste management (which trash goes where) and operation of compactors.
- Maintains an exceptionally clean, safe, and sanitary environment and works in a way that does not create messes and is sensitive to customer needs.
- Knowing and following all restaurant policies, procedures, and requirements.
- Know all relevant standard operating procedures.
- Consistently follow all security procedures.
- Consistently follow all food safety and physical safety procedures.
- Execute daily opening or closing procedures/checklists in accordance with company policies/procedures and quality requirements.
Ideal candidates for the Dining Room role will have a high degree of professionalism, maturity, and willingness to work hard and with a sense of urgency. Key competencies required for this role and future success with Chick-fil-A 42nd and Madison include: a growth mindset, emotional intelligence, critical thinking, strategic and systematic thinking, creativity, and entrepreneurial spirit. Candidates seeking to eventually be selected for a leadership role should be volunteering for extra assignments, taking responsibility to grow and get better, demonstrate strong critical thinking and analytical capacity, and consistently demonstrate a servant’s heart and attitude that focuses on the team and others first.
Must possess a team spirit– one who is able to share credit with teammates, admit mistakes, and do their share on behalf of the team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who possesses initiative, great people skills, a servant attitude, and who can cast a vision for excellence. Must be available a minimum of 40 hours a week.
- Must be willing to be held accountable for results, accept feedback, and grow to become an A player/high performer.
- Must be able and willing to work multi-task and work multiple positions of the restaurant when needed.
- Must be punctual, show up on time, and arrange for covers when unable to work scheduled shift.
- Must be willing and able to follow and honor leadership/supervisors.
- Must be willing and able to address and resolve conflicts quickly
- Must be able to make quick decisions and work under pressure in a high volume/traffic restaurant.
- Must be observant and have high situational awareness.
- Must be able and willing to work with a sense of urgency and to serve guests according to procedural requirements.
- Must be willing to set an example and hold each other accountable.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Must be neat, professional, and willing to follow appearance requirements.
- Must be able and willing to stand, walk, and work on their feet for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to bend and lift loads up to 50lbs. Also must be able to stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat.
- Must be able to push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Must be able to climb ladders and use box cutters.
- Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc).
- Proper use of which may include but not limited to, knives, personal protective equipment, hand trucks, carts, food cutter and fryers (must be 18 years of age or older), power equipment, vehicles, and all other equipment used within or for the restaurant.
Your growth at Chick-fil-A 42nd and Madison begins with your track record of consistency in:
- Growth - both in hard skills and soft skills (attitude, relationships, etc)
- Attitude: Professional & Flexible
- Your ability to follow instructions, directions, and policies