Lunch Front Counter Cashier & Team Member
Job Title: Hospitality Team Member: Front of House & Cashier - Lunch/Afternoon Shift
- Saturdays required
- 3pm - 10:45pm
- 4pm - 10:45pm
- 5pm - 10:45pm
- Mondays or Saturdays required
Days of Operation: Monday - Saturday. Closed Sundays.
Compensation: $15.00/hr base pay. Tips and bonuses available for delivery Team Members. Free break meals.
Location: 42nd & Madison, across from Grand Central
Job Type: Part-Time with potential for Full-Time
Job Class: Front of House Operations/Hospitality
You can make someone's day with a smile and genuine care. At Chick-fil-A 42nd and Madison, we are a team that strives every day to positively influence and care for everyone we come in contact with, take good care of ourselves, and take good care of our resources. We are passionate about our core values:
- Humility - Respecting others through a humble and modest attitude
- Integrity - Always doing what is right
- Team work - working together by each of us doing our part: working hard together and growing together.
- Excellence - What we do, we do well
At Chick-fil-A 42nd and Madison, our Team Members are a key ingredient to smooth day-to-day restaurant operations and a remarkable guest experience. This role is responsible for just that: ensuring we are consistently providing crave-able food and remarkable service to our guests from open to close. This role is 100% hands on and all working ours are spent on the floor. Tasks vary to include greeting guests and taking orders, completing transactions, preparing beverages, assembling orders, hot and cold food production, working the line, taking deliveries, food and ingredient preparation, cleaning and maintenance, resolving guest complaints, helping train new employees, and rigorously adhering to safety and quality standards.
Essential Tasks Vary to Include:
- Promptly greet guests entering establishment and take their orders according to procedure.
- Professionally communicate with customers regarding orders, comments, inquiries, and complaints.
- Help customers understand menu items, ask clarifying questions, and repeat orders for accuracy.
- Accept payment from customers, issue receipts, authenticate large bills, and make change as necessary.
- Handle cash and payment accurately and have no shortages or overages.
- Consistently exhibit and demonstrate Core 4 with each guest and rest of the team and treat guests with care.
- Maintain clean, safe, fully stocked, and orderly counter and/or work area and perform cleaning duties such as sweeping, mopping, emptying trash cans, cleaning equipment, and washing dishes, to keep equipment and facilities sanitary.
- Promptly clean any spills or slip hazards.
- Fulfill guest orders by preparing drinks, preparing desserts, bagging/assembling food, getting sauces, etc all according to procedure.
- Provide guests with clear directions throughout order taking process and where to wait for their food.
- Serve food to guests fulfilling all requirements of server role and providing guest with a farewell.
- Safely brew beverages including tea and coffee and safely handle hot liquids.
- Deliver food/meals to guests by foot following all delivery policies and procedures while providing excellent service.
- Rigorously adhere to food safety and restaurant security practices, build awareness about safety, hold peers accountable to food safety practices, and reports any concerns to leadership.
- Follow all restaurant policies, procedures, and requirements.
- Know all relevant standard operating procedures and pass required assessments or activities with 80% or higher.
- Consistently follow all cash handling policies and proper security procedures.
- Execute daily opening and closing procedures/checklists in accordance with company policies/procedures and quality requirements and hold each other accountable to it.
Job includes other duties and responsibilities assigned by management.
Essential Work Activities Include:
- Working and engaging directly with the public
- Communicating with customers, peers, and supervisors.
- Getting information.
- Assisting and caring for others
- Monitor process, materials, or surroundings
- Coordinating work and activities with others
- Resolving conflicts and negotiating with others
- Controlling machines and processes
- Evaluating information to determine compliance with standards
- Performing general physical activities that require considerable use of your arms, legs, and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
- Handling and moving objects - using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials and manipulating things.
- Handling materials safely.
- Preventing slips by wearing required slip-resistant shoes, ensuring clean and safe floors, placing proper signage if a spill occurs, and promptly reporting or cleaning any slip hazard.
- Preventing trips and falls in a tight/close work environment.
- Preventing strains by using proper techniques in performing physical activities.
- Organizing, planning, and prioritizing work - developing specific goals, plans, and processes to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Executing daily checklists in accordance with company policies/procedures and quality requirements.
Face-to-Face communication and conversations - every day.
Spend time standing - continually.
Importance of Being Exact or Accurate - extremely important.
Work with Group or Team - required.
Performing physical activities - Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
Spending time making repetitive motions - almost continually.
Executing daily checklists in accordance with company policies/procedures and quality requirements.
Ideal candidates for the Front of House Team Member role will have a high degree of personal effectiveness competencies including integrity, reliability, professionalism, adaptability and flexibility, willingness to learn, strong work ethic, and sense of urgency.
Key abilities required for this role and future success with Chick-fil-A 42nd and Madison include: active listening, oral comprehension, speech recognition, information ordering, near vision, reading, manual dexterity, arm-hand steadiness, control precision, multilimb coordination, static strength, trunk strength, service orientation.
Technology skills include use of ipads, applications, email, POS software, kitchen production system computer monitors, windows tablet, automated label printers, Bluetooth thermometers, and equipment control boards.
Candidates seeking to eventually be selected for a leadership role should be volunteering for extra assignments, taking responsibility to grow and get better, demonstrate strong critical thinking and analytical capacity, and consistently demonstrate a servant’s heart and attitude that focuses on the team and others first
Essential Job Requirements:
Must be a team player - one who is able to share credit with teammates, admit mistakes, and do their share on behalf of the team.
Integrity - must be honest and ethical.
Dependability - must be reliable, responsible, dependable, and fulfill obligations, including attendance and punctuality.
Stress Tolerance - must be able to accept criticism and feedback, be held accountable for results, and deal calmly and effectively with high stress situations, and make quick and effective decisions under pressure.
Attention to Detail - must be careful about detail and both thorough and accurate in completing work tasks.
Self Control - must be able to maintain composure, keep emotions in check, control anger, and avoid aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
Cooperation - must be pleasant with others on the job and display a good-natured cooperative attitude.
Adaptability/Flexibility - must be open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace, including working multiple positions of the restaurant when needed.
Social Orientation - must prefer or be able to work with others rather than alone, and be personally connected with others on the job.
Independence - must be able to guide oneself with little to no supervision, and depend on one self to get things done.
Initiative - must be able to take on responsibilities and challenges.
Concern for Others - must be sensitive to others' needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job.
Analytical Thinking - must be able to analyze information and use logic to address work-related issues and problems.
Achievement/Effort - must be able to establish and maintain personally challenging achievement goals and exert effort toward mastering tasks and becoming proficient.
Followership - must be able to listen to and follow directions, rules, policies, procedures, recipes, etc.
Professional Appearance - Must be neat, professional, and willing to follow uniform and appearance requirements.
Persistence - must be able to persist in the face of obstacles.
Situational Awareness - must be observant and have high situational awareness.
Handling and moving objects - Repetitive use of hands and arms in handling, grasping, pushing, pulling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things.
Performing physical activities - Must be able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials. Must be able to climb ladders. Must be able to bend and lift loads up to 50lbs. Also must be able to stoop to grasp objects. Must be able to bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat. Must be able to push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
Proper use - must be able to perform proper use of which may include but not limited to, knives, personal protective equipment, hand trucks, carts, food cutter and fryers (must be 18 years of age or older), handling hot liquids and equipment, power equipment, vehicles, and all other equipment used within or for the restaurant.
Standing - Must be able and willing to stand, walk, and work on their feet for extended periods of time.
Sharp objects - Must be able to manipulate and handle sharp objects and utensils safely including knives and box cutters.
Environment - Must be able to be exposed to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc).
To progress in this role, a successful and high performing Team Member at Chick-fil-A 42nd and Madison is someone who is consistent in their
- Growth - both in hard skills and soft skills (attitude, relationships, etc)
- Attitude: Professional & Flexible
- Your ability to follow instructions, directions, and policies